Created a three-part program themed on the good harvest, using vessels, calligraphy, flowers, sweets, and tea, with the sound, food, sake, and dance.
– Producer / Director: Ryuta Aoki
– Project Manager: Ryuta Aoki, Keita Uno
– Tea Master: Souryo Matsumura
– Wagashi Artist: Shiwon
– Calligrapher: Mami
– Ikebana Artist: Ryota Hagiwara
– Ceramic Artist: Gentaro Yokoyama
– Bon Odori Performer: Bonjo
– Theatre Director: Gentaro Yokoyama
Tokyo-based art collective creating alternative tea ceremony
The TEA-ROOM is an art collective exploring tea ceremony as it could be. Tea ceremony (cha-no-yu) is not just serving and drinking tea but one of the fine arts of Japan, consisting of gardens, architecture, paintings, calligraphy, incense, flowers, sounds, bowls, food, clothing, and rituals.
We have been translating this concept into new style through such means as using technology and adopting street culture to design new spaces, to produce experiences, and to create works of art since 2015.